Monday 30 October 2017

Underworld Awakening Review

Underworld Awakening Review, the forth in the underworld series, this takes place in a different world, a world where humans are the main enemy.

Director Bjorn Stein

Writer Len Wiseman

Cast

Kate Beckinsale - Selene
Michael Ealy - Detective Sebastian
India Eisley - Eve
Theo James - David, Selene's ally.
Charles Dance - Thomas
Sandrine Holt - Lida
Stephen Rea - Dr. Jacob Lane
Kris Holden-Ried - Quint Lane

Screen Gems, Running time 88 minutes.

Sometime shortly after Underworld Evolution the human race has become aware of Vampire and Lycans, seeing them as a threat to the future of mankind the humans have been trying to exterminate them with some degree of success. The Lycans are thought to be extinct and the vampires not far behind.

I am a fan of the first three movies, I think they're solid and entertaining movies that include two of my favorite supernatural creatures Vampires and Werewolves. To be honest I wasn't expecting much from this film, thinking it's just a way for the production company to make more money from this popular franchise, which is a good idea, making movies is a business after all.

When I heard about the story line I was even less impressed, it didn't appeal to me and I didn't expect much from this. However being a fan of the underworld franchise and vampire and werewolves it obviously still interested me.

I was pleasantly surprised with this film, it was much better than I was expecting. It provides good quality action, more of the same plus some new things that we haven't seen before, including a giant werewolf.

I do feel this is my least favorite in the underworld series, however not by as much as I was expecting. Everything about this movie is solid enough, acting and effects are good, overall underworld awakening exceeded my expectations and provided me with some exciting and memorable scenes.

If you enjoyed the previous underworld movies you should enjoy this. Overall a good solid installment into the series. 

7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment